Hot Cocoa Body Butter
• 1/2 cup Shea Butter
• 1/2 cup Cocoa Butter
• 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
• 1/2 cup light oil (like almond, jojoba or olive)
• Optional: Several drops of the essential oil of your choice (don't laugh... I'm using a few drops of Marshmallow Fragrance Oil to stick with the Hot Cocoa theme! I used this brand of fragrance oil.)
1. Use a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except fragrance oil.
2. Use low-medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Add essential oils if using any.
4. Move to fridge to cool until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
5. Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy.
6. Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
7. Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter. If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be re-whipped.
Slather on this body butter all winter long for smooth soft skin. But, please don't blame me if you end up craving a hot mug of hot chocolate!
Side note: as soon as I'm finished using this batch, I'm absolutely going to make another. I was thinking I'd add a couple drops of peppermint essential oil for Peppermint Stick Hot Cocoa Body Butter. I'll let you know how it goes!
30% OFF GREEN LEAF NATURALS 8 OZ. COCOA BUTTER
If you'd like to try out this recipe for yourself, we'd love to help out with a 30% Offdiscount on our 8 ounce jar of raw Cocoa Butter. Click here to purchase. Just use the code COCOBB18 at checkout to redeem this offer! Enjoy.
One coupon per customer. Free shipping for Amazon.com Prime Members. Offer expires Sunday, January 28, 2018 at midnight Pacific Time. Offer good while supplies last.
By Robyn Stevens
Robyn is a writer, artist, and soon-to-be mom living in Southern California with her husband, Jim, and their three cats. She is an avid DIYer, knitter, hiker, cook, and world traveler. Living naturally, with as little impact on the environment as possible, is vitally important to Robyn and Jim.