We've updated our Hot Cocoa (with marshmallow) Body Butter from last year... we've added soothing peppermint to the recipe and we're all in love with this soothing moisturizer. The star of the recipe is our raw, organic cocoa butter -- it's a deep skin healer and hydrator. And, it smells heavenly -- like rich chocolate. Several of us are planning to give it as gifts this holiday season. With its minty, chocolate-y scent, we think both men and women (and kids!) can appreciate it.
Scroll down for the full recipe, and watch Sue-Kate describe how easy it is to put together this decadent body butter:
Peppermint Hot Cocoa Body Butter
1 cup Cocoa Butter
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1/2 cup light oil (like almond, jojoba or olive)
Several drops of marshmallow oil
Several drops of peppermint oil
1. Use a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except fragrance oils.
2. Use low-medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Add essential oils. Start with marshmallow to desired level of fragrance. Then, add peppermint. The peppermint can drown out the other scents, so start light and build up drop by drop.
4. Move to fridge to cool until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
5. Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy.
6. Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
7. Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter. If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be re-whipped.
Slather on this body butter all winter long for smooth soft skin. But, please don't blame me if you end up craving a hot mug of hot chocolate!
Learn more about our pure, raw, organic Cocoa Butter.