Battling super dry skin this winter? We’ve got a terrific DIY that is perfect for application before bed (especially after a hot bath)! The star of the recipe is our raw, organic cocoa butter -- it's a deep skin healer and hydrator. And, it smells heavenly -- like rich chocolate. My husband even uses it. 2020 has been rough on the hands with all the extra hand washing. The cold weather has only compounded the problem. This DIY is a fabulous solution.
Peppermint Hot Cocoa Body Butter
1 cup Cocoa Butter
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1/2 cup light oil (like almond, jojoba or olive)
Several drops of marshmallow oil (optional)
1. Use a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except fragrance oil.
2. Use low-medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Add essential oils to desired level of fragrance.
4. Move to fridge to cool until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
5. Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy. You can skip this step if you don’t have a mixer (a blender doesn’t incorporate air into the mixture like a hand mixer will). You could hand whip it... but it’ll take a lot of elbow grease.
6. Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
7. Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter. If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be re-whipped.
Slather on this hand mask before bed as many days of the week as you’d like. Don’t neglect the cuticle area. It’s helpful to lock in moisturizer by throwing on a pair of cotton gloves after application. Then, go to sleep knowing your hands will be softer in the morning!
Learn more about our pure, raw, organic Cocoa Butter.